FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHY DO CLASSES GET CANCELLED?
- WCWMA EVENTS
- Throughout the year, the WCWMA hold numerous events in the Bay Area. These events include Tournaments, Black Belt Exams and Training Seminars. These events will result in either a condensed class schedule (posted and announced in class) or classes being cancelled.
- Testing is held every month for eligible students. Due to the amount of testers each month, regular classes are cancelled on the last Wednesday & Thursday of each month.
WHEN DOES MY CHILD TEST?
We place color stripes on each student’s belt for designated months throughout the year. These stripes do not guarantee when a student tests, but specifically our goal for them to maintain consistent class attendance, positive behavior at home / school and positive practice habits outside of the Martial Arts School.
For a student to test on time they must…
- Have all their required testing stripes for their belt level.
- Once a student receives a RED STRIPE (Instructor Evaluation Stripe), they are given their testing application.
- Students who do not a receive a their red stripe and testing application by the Monday before testing, will need to wait until the following month or until they fulfill all testing requirements.
WHAT IF MY CHILD MISSES THEIR BELT TEST:
Make up testing is usually done with Beginning Ranks (White – Gold) & Lil’ Dragons.
Color Belts above Green Belt (including pre-testers), who miss their test, will be pushed back until the following month’s test unless prior arrangements are made with an instructor.
WE DO NOT OFFER MAKE-UP TESTING EVERY MONTH.
DO I GET CREDIT BACK FOR VACATIONS?
Students who miss 2 weeks or longer due to illness or vacation can submit a Vacation Form from our Front Desk.
We will extend each student’s contract up to 3 weeks (per year) for missed time.
If students are going to miss more than 4 weeks, we recommend paying an early termination fee ($100) and then re-activating your WCWMA membership when you return.
Students currently on our BBC / XPT / Master Club program will be credited their termination fee to their 1st months payment if they re-activate their contract within 90 days of their termination date.
DOES THE CLASS SCHEDULE EVER CHANGE?
We do change / rotate our class schedule periodically throughout the year. Students are constantly advancing into higher classes / programs from month to month. If we see a class size get too big (or small) we might make necessary adjustments to our schedule giving at least 2 weeks notice before new class times take affect.
We do try our best to keep our classes as consistent as possible but obviously we cannot accommodate everyone’s schedule.
WHAT IF WE MOVE OUT OF THE AREA?
Your WCWMA Contract can transfer to another school in our association if you move more than 20 miles away.
If you move to an area where we don’t have a WCWMA school nearby, you can cancel your contract without termination fee with a emailed notice and proof of residency within 30 days of your next billing cycle.
WHAT’S THE TRANSFER PROCESS?
Students who transfer to our WCWMA location needs a written letter of recommendation by their previous Instructor highlighting their current skill level, strengths, weaknesses and learning style.
We try to ensure that our school is the best possible fit for students who come into our school from another WCWMA location or outside Martial Arts Organization before a contract with us is signed.